Shaw Theatres is making the cinime mobile application available in Singapore tomorrow in an exclusive arrangement with Yummi. This marks the mobile application’s first foray into Asia following a successful launch in UK in July 2013.
Cinime allows cinemagoers to use their little screens to get more from the big screen. It employs image recognition and bespoke audio watermarking technologies to deliver and unlock brand and film-related content. Developed by Digital Cinema Media (DCM) and Yummi, cinime enables users to opt-in for bonus content and thus aims to create a new media experience that will enable brands to both entertain and engage.
Mr. Mark Shaw, Executive Vice President of Operations, Shaw Organisation, commented: “We believe in embracing technologies that will dramatically enhance the cinema-going experience. With cinime, our guests can look forward to a whole lot more from a single trip to Shaw Theatres. Beyond being entertained by the movie, they will be engaged before and after the movie as well.” Mr. Tony Harrison, Managing Director of Yummi Media Group, Asia Pacific said: “We are extremely excited in our relationship with Shaw Theatres which brings the first cinime partnership in the Asia Pacific region. As Singapore is the Yummi regional office for Asia Pacific we can think of no better partner for the launch of this exciting new technology which will enhance the way cinemagoers enjoy their visit to the movies. Yummi is launching a new category of engagement in the media world which combines mobile devices with the traditional cinema, broadcast and advertising platforms, and bringing this innovative second screen technology to the forefront of the media world. We look forward to seeing Shaw Theatres customers engaging in this exciting new technology.”
How can you enjoy cinime at Shaw Theatres
1. Cinemagoers interested in experiencing cinime at Shaw Theatres can download cinime on the App Store or Google Play for Apple and Android devices respectively. There will be bonus content, rewards and treats such as vouchers and prizes to be won to ensure you get the most out of your cinema trip with cinime. For starters there is free popcorn at Shaw Theatres when you download and use the cinime app for the first time.
2. Your experience starts at the cinema lobby, you can find out more about movies, watch trailers and get promotion details by simply scanning select posters. So always keep your eyes open for cinime at Shaw Theatres.
3. Once you have got your snacks and drinks and found your seat, switch your phone to silent and leave your cinime application open during the special cinime advertisement segment. It will respond and interact with the screen to deliver extra content directly to your phone. If you take part in a cinime game or quiz before the movie, you can reward yourself with more free treats. Cinime has been specially designed to be discrete and will not disturb fellow cinemagoers, so you are fine to use it during the ads. Just switch it off when the main feature movie begins.
Promotions during the pilot trial at Shaw Theatres
• Pepsi Cinime Quiz – During the pilot trial, you will stand to win a trip for two to The Mrs Carter Show World Tour in Sydney, Australia, worth S$8,000. The prize includes concert tickets, a 3D2N free and easy stay at a 4-star accommodation (twin-sharing), and air-tickets. To participate, you need to answer the Pepsi Cinime quiz correctly and submit your personal particulars in an unlocked mobile page. You will also get two more chances at the lucky draw with every Shaw MovieBites Combo Set purchased by entering the unique receipt number on the same contest page. The lucky draw is jointly organised by Shaw Theatres, PepsiCo International Pte Ltd and YHS (Singapore) Pte Ltd) and will be held on 4 October 2013. The winner must retain the Shaw MovieBites receipt as proof of purchase when claiming the prize (contest not available at Century Cineplex; other terms and conditions apply).
• Volvo Cinime Test Drive and Surprise Gift – Shaw Theatres patrons with the cinime app will receive a surprise gift when they test drive any Volvo until the end of September at the Volvo showroom at 249 Alexandra Road.
Mr. Shaw added: “For our advertising and retail partners, this presents a valuable opportunity to engage and establish a deeper relationship with the cinema-going audience. It is an exclusive promotional platform that will make a difference to