Win a pair of THE FATHER movie preview tickets courtesy of Shaw Organisation
Synopsis: Anthony is 81 years old. He lives alone in his London apartment and refuses all of the nurses that his daughter, Anne, tries to impose upon him. Yet such a necessity is becoming more and more pressing for her, as she can’t see him every day anymore: she has taken the decision to move to Paris to live with a man she has just met… But if such is the case, then who is this stranger who suddenly bursts into Anthony’s living room, claiming to be married to Anne for over ten years? And why is he claiming with such conviction that they are at the supposed married couple’s home, and not his? Is Anthony losing his mind? Yet he recognizes the place: it is indeed his apartment, and only just the night before was Anne reminding him of her divorce… And didn’t she decide to go and live in Paris? Then why is she now insisting that this was never the case? There seems to be something going around, as if the world, for a moment, has ceased to be logical. Unless his daughter, and her new companion, are the ones trying to make him appear as crazy? Is their objective in fact to rob him of his apartment? Do they want to get rid of him? And where is Lucy, his other daughter? Astray in a labyrinth of answerless questions, Anthony desperately attempts to understand what is going on around him. THE FATHER is about the painful trajectory of a man whose reality crumbles little by little before our eyes. Yet it is also the story of Anne, his daughter, who faces an equally painful dilemma: what must she do with her father? Should she take him with her, even if that means compromising her life with Paul? Does she have the right to live her own life? What happens when one must become parent of one’s own parents?
STEP 1: Like MovieXclusive Facebook page
STEP 2: Watch the trailer and answer the question below:
Q) THE FATHER is nominated for six awards in the 2021 Academy Award® Nominations.
TRUE / FALSE
Note: Preview Screening Details
. Duplicated entries or mailing address will be disqualified
. Winners will be notified via email
. All entries must reach us before 29 March 2021
. This contest is open to Singapore Residents only
. Please adhere strictly to the ONE entry per household rule
Take a few seconds of your time to read this FAQ if you happen to be our winner:
1. If you miss the preview, there will be NO re-allocation of session and movie selection.
2. Winners are entitled to 2 tickets only unless otherwise stated.
3. We regret that it's not possible to request for additional tickets.
4. Winners will receive e-tickets via email ahead of the preview screening notified at least 2 days earlier ahead of movie preview, do check your email frequently.
5. Tickets are transferable if your replacement partner can produce a copy of the winners notification and identification to facilitate collection of tickets.
6. Please kindly provide your name (according to NRIC/Passport), contact number, and email. All information provided will be kept strictly confidential by Shaw Theatres and will only be released to the MOH for contact tracing purposes, if necessary.
7. There will be mandatory temperature checks and check-ins via the TraceTogether app or token.
8. As part of guidelines, mingling and interacting outside of your group is not permitted.
9. By attending this screening, you are agreeing to abide by all posted and verbal instructions at the cinema.a contactable email/handphone number in the event of cancellation or change of venue/time etc.